Chopsbloggy

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Deeper into debt..

As Jeremy has probably already told everyone, I have bought a car. I won't mention the price I'll be paying for my 2002 Ford Focus, but it will be extended over four years. Currently, I am about 41K in debt, mostly my Federal student loan. Damn lot of good college did me, though I really fucked my life royally, so I can't blame higher education.

Back to my auto purchase, I grimly await the day that something goes wrong. While the car is in very good shape down to the new looking tires, some disaster is imminent due to the fact that I own it. Sigh.

My newest roommate Mike has just started at his new job in Concord at the sweet starting wage of $11/hr. Amazingly, the job is an entry level job with no skill prerequisites. Apparently, they are still hiring, so hopefully I'll get a real job. Then perhaps I'll take Jeremy up on his offer. Once a two bedroom opens up, of course.

I've been hearing some awful news about MN lately, a state wide smoking ban, Pawlenty joining the other anti-gun Govs, "Excess" military weapons going to MN police...Sounds like there needs to be a opposition group out there or something...

Ending my post today, this great Achewood comic : Is this the day your speed kills a child?
Jeremy and Luke should love it.

2 Comments:

At 7:48 PM, Blogger Klaus said...

Nice to hear about the transportation Chopsy. If you were in spitting distance, I'd slap you up side the head for talking dirt about yourself, but since there's a few miles between us, I'll just repeat what I've said before: you haven't lived long enough to fuck up your life, so quit whining and start living! And write more dammit!!

So you might get a place with Jeremy? I don't know from his blog he sounds like the monkish side of him is back :). You may have to make a vow of silence and stay in separate cells. Of course, if we're lucky we'll all have separate cells one day ;).

As far as MN, nothing new, just the same old police state. Move along, nothing to see here...

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger Insurgent said...

See you in the debtors prison. Dibs on the top bunk!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home