Chopsbloggy

Sunday, November 12, 2006

"Bush didn't give us democracy, he gave us more new ways to be killed," Al-Rawi said.

We is winning the War or Terr! Check out how well RealID and biometric scanners are working in Iraq.

A new article by L. Neil Smith:
Government is about stealing; that's all it's about; that's all it's ever been about; that's all it will ever be about. The kind of society government needs most is a society at war with itself, torn by violent crime, crippled by poverty, intellectually and technologically stagnant. A peaceful, prosperous, progressive society is a threat, because it eliminates all the excuses traditionally used to steal from us.

Case in point:

Another threat from the fascist bastards: the National Animal Identification System. I don't want to go into specifics, as there's a lot of info, but you can check this site to see the reisistance that has cropped up. Basically, every farm animal (and domestic pets, depending on your state) will be given a unique number. Every birth, death, illness, and transport that occurs to one of your animals MUST be reported to the agency in charge.

This will stop bioterror, sure. Good thing the big ag companies get 1 number per herd, while small farmers need a number for every animal. Got to watch out for the big guys, make sure they're not hurting.

Don't want to co-operate. OK, then the govt comes to your place and kills your animals. Our food supply must be pure! Really, the Virginia Dept. of Agriculture did that to numerous pig owners this past summer when a few pigs tested positive for disease. The whole story is here.

A MN representative is the new head of the Ag committee. Full steam ahead for this guy!

The beginnings of the next big 2nd Amendment court case? The Washington County militia in AR told the Feds they were building full-autos for private use, in an effort to force a court case. Got raided. What happens now?

Without justice, what are kingdoms but great robber bands? What are robber bands but small kingdoms? The band is itself made up of men, is ruled by the command of a leader, and is held together by a social pact. Plunder is divided in accordance with an agreed upon law. If this evil increases by the inclusion of dissolute men to the extent that it takes over territory, establishes headquarters, occupies cities, and subdues peoples, it publicly assumes the title of kingdom! This title is manifestly conferred on it, not because greed has been removed, but because impunity has been added. A fitting and true response was once given to Alexander the Great by an apprehended pirate. When asked by the king what he thought he was doing by infesting the sea, he replied with noble insolence, "What do you think you are doing by infesting the whole world? Because I do it with one puny boat, I am called a pirate; because you do it with a great fleet, you are called an emperor."

St. Augustine,
The City of God,
Book IV, Chapter 4

A great tale of tax reisistance by Juanita Nelson:

Anyway, because I believe that it is more important to do what is right than what is lawful or expedient, I have declined to pay the tax. All right, then, having determined this course of action for yourself, should you not be willing to accept punishment for your defiance? Why should I? I have stated that 1) I believe this particular measure to be so intolerable that I cannot abide by it; 2) I believe that I have every right, nay, every responsibility, to act according to my best judgment, not waiting for one-hundred and fifty million others to concur. This one act may not lead inevitably to a good end, but I do not see that it can lead to a bad one. Why should I expect or accept punishment for exercising my best judgment? I was not a whit more contrite when the marshals came to arrest me than when I first declined to pay the tax. Would I go peaceably in order to show my compatriots that I do not utterly despise them and their institutions? If I must go to jail in order to demonstrate my respect, then they will have to believe as they believe; if I should go to jail willingly for that, I should undoubtedly end up despising myself at least. And how can one have respect for others without self-respect?


The difference between safety and peril.

A great pic from Oleg Volk at www.a-human-right.com
Check the posters section.

People who think that crooks can easily disarm us might want to think again.

Sorry about the disjointed post. Postings will improve shortly, I promise!

4 Comments:

At 9:24 PM, Blogger Insurgent said...

Hah-I beat Lee to the punch...

Copypasta!

 
At 11:11 PM, Blogger Luke said...

This NH copypasta epidemic is spiraling out of control. I hope we can get a shot for this new disease.

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger Lee said...

...and their enthusiasm for voting in their new masters.

 
At 10:29 PM, Blogger Insurgent said...

I didn't vote.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home