Chopsbloggy

Thursday, June 01, 2006

I Hate you, Jeremy MacKinney


It pains me to admit that Jeremy was right and I was...mistaken...on two topics.
First, he told me back in Febuary that we would move in June or July. I did not believe him.

The second time was when he sent a message from the Kinder Goats E-mail list which described a new program to ID virtually every farm animal in the nation. I did not believe this would be possible due to the billions of animals and the massive non-compliance.

Sadly, it's true. Every animal that comes into contact with other animals must be monitored and identified to save us from bioterror. Now I've got to get a good job to buy some NH land and non-comply the hell out of this.

How can anyone be optimistic anymore? The next 20 years will mark the end of this demented nonsense as the bills finally come due. Of course, the elites will be well protected while the majority of the population reels from NewBucks, triple digit inflation, $10 plus a gallon gas, a educational system that values feelings and happy thoughts more than learning, and martial law. Hey, kids, it's a FREE credit card with a $1000 credit limit and only 40% interest!

The beleagured population will beg the Gov for help and stability, and they'll get it. How far can people press their luck? The worst part is that it is(was) avoidable without a lot of pain or effort by the masses.

As you all know, I work for the second largest employer in this state. Employment comes with a mandatory account in the state retirement account, which I will be closing out when I move. This comes with a 30% tax hit up front, turning my $1350 to $950 or so. My boss couldn't believe I was cashing it out instead of putting it in a 401k. "What, are you expecting Social Security to pay for your retirement?" "No, the SS will be bankrupt within 20 years. I don't expect to live to see 65, so I'm using it now on the 3 G's." Guns-Gold-Goodies. He changed the topic quickly.

Goddamn. I just wanted to live peaceably on a ranch with solar, wind, and geothermal power supplies raising alpacas and bison and growing hemp, rice, and other useful things. I actually believed the the biblical great tribulation would come before 2000, requiring self-sufficency and the ability to evade TPTB. Now it's Peak Oil and massive debt. Geez-why am I a pessimist?

By the way, I have not converted to Mr. Ruppert et al's version of future events. Peak Oil to me is the exhaustion of current oil fields without enough newer ones due to ecological cost. Where I diverge from Jeremy is that I don't see the end of Industrial civilization and the return to 1750's era life. We will pump every ounce of oil, burn all the coal, and use all the natural gas before that happens, which will last us about 100-150 years. Assuming people are alive after the massive increase in pollution, global resource wars, and mass famines, there should be sufficent alternates to maintain whatever civilization is left. Another aspect of many Peak Oil scholars is Population Control, that is eliminating the 'surplus' people so we don't starve. Please note that Jeremy does not subscribe to this view. This is to me one of the most destable ideas I have heard and it brings to mind the camps and gulags of years past.

Now, when preparing for the end, remember never to have chemicals that may be used to make M-80s around, even if you're a scientific supply company. If you do, heavily armed Consumer Product Safety Commission agents will storm your business. Yes, the CPSC has armed swat agents.

Nonetheless, Wolfson says, “we’ve fostered a very close relationship with the Justice Department and we’re out there on the Internet looking to see who is promoting these core chemicals. Fireworks is one area where we’re putting people in prison.”

Fire Bad!! Fire Hurt Ugg!!

Leaving on a good note- It's the flash 3 Dudes and a Puppy, starring Rex as Dude 1, Jeremy as Dude 2, Lee as Dude 3, and Chopsy as the Puppy. Well, not really, but the characterizations are so close it's scary! Watch for a guest appearance by Nik as CatMan.

Chopsy

Chopsy

3 Comments:

At 12:36 AM, Blogger Insurgent said...

Wow, Chopsy--I'm honored that you devoted a whole post to me! Don't be pained to admit that I was right; I've moved more than 20 times and watch government and current events like a hawk. Experience has taught me wisely. Hopefully the house will be ready by the time that we are!

As far as energy goes, keep in mind that from this point on energy becomes more expensive. It doesn't matter if we supposedly have 100 years left of oil, etc. So far we have been using the cheap, easy light crude that's easiest to refine. From here on out, we're getting into the heavy crude, tar sands and shale oil which are all harder and more expensive to refine. This in turn will raise prices of EVERYTHING.

When it comes to world population, one need only look at figures before the industrial revolution and afterwards. World poplulations have soared, as a result of cheap energy and all that the easy lifestyle has afforded us. Simply subtract cheap energy from that equation and look at the results. People are going to die, whether we want them to or not; it's a simple mathematical equation. While I do not "support" depopulation, I realize that it is an inevitable result of increasing energy prices.

PS--I like your writing!

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger Lee said...

NuBucks.

 
At 10:17 PM, Blogger Luke said...

Chopsy make me depressed!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home